While common, car accidents can have devastating outcomes for both the responsible driver and the victims of the accident. Whether you got hit by another car while crossing an intersection, rear-ended at rush hour, or side-swiped by a speeding vehicle, you may have sustained injuries that you will have to manage for the rest of your life. In some worst-case scenarios, you may have even lost a friend or loved one.
At best, the wreck may have totaled your car, leaving you with sky-high repair prices that your insurance company won’t cover. Regardless, the long-term impact of a car accident can impact your future in countless ways.
At Bryan Garrett PLLC, we know how often simple car accidents turn into complex personal injury lawsuits. That’s why we commit to guiding our clients every step of the way. If you sustained a serious injury, lost a loved one due to a negligent driver, we may be able to help. Get in touch with our team today at 405-591-3508 to schedule a consultation.
Should You File a Car Accident Claim?
One of the most common questions our clients ask is, “Is it worth suing after a car accident?” In some cases, the answer is no. However, if you believe that your case is strong enough, you may be eligible for compensation and damages for your injuries.
Further, if you have experienced any of the following outcomes due to a car accident, you may qualify for a lawsuit, no matter how “minor” the accident seemed. Get in touch with our car accident lawyer to discuss your options if:
- You can no longer work. Whether you’re temporarily unable to work or won’t be able to return to the workforce at all, you’re likely experiencing financial duress on top of medical bills and car repair costs. As a result, you may be able to sue for damages and compensation.
- Your car sustained major damage. Similarly, if your vehicle sustained damage beyond what your insurance company will cover, you may be able to sue the responsible part for repair costs. That said, you must file a lawsuit within a certain timeframe, so contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to avoid paying for damages out of pocket.
- Your injuries have impacted your quality of life. If a car accident impacts your quality of life negatively, you may be able to sue for compensation. For example, if you’re an avid athlete but an injury has prevented you from playing your favorite sports, you may be able to receive compensation for your non-financial losses.
- A passenger may sue you for damages. Did you know that a passenger in your vehicle could sue you for damages if you were partially to blame for the wreck? It’s critical to work with an experienced car accident attorney to determine how liable you are for the accident or injuries to a passenger.
- The accident resulted in wrongful death. Finally, if you sustained a severe injury or lost a friend or loved one due to the accident, you can file a car accident claim. You may even be able to sue multiple entities, including the driver and their insurance company.
If you’re still unsure whether you should file a lawsuit, our team can help. Schedule a consultation with us today to discuss the accident and learn more about your options in court.
The Benefits of Car Accident Lawsuits
Filing a car accident lawsuit has several benefits, especially if you can present a strong case in court. For example, you may be able to receive compensation for pain and suffering, including emotional damages and mental duress due to injury.
In addition, you could receive damages for medical expenses, lost income, and injuries. In some cases, you may even qualify for punitive damages, or financial rewards used to punish a negligent driver.
The Disadvantages of a Car Accident Claim
As you can likely imagine, filing a car accident lawsuit has its downsides, too. First, the legal process is often lengthy and costly, even if your car accident lawyer operates on a contingency basis. Secondly, you may have to pay the other driver’s legal fees if you lose your case. Finally, if you didn’t sustain a severe injury, it may be difficult to prove that you require compensation for damages in court.
Oklahoma City Car Accident Attorney: Call Bryan Garrett PLLC
If you suffered from injuries, property damage, or lost wages due to a car accident, you may qualify for compensation. Before you begin the legal process, however, get in touch with our team at Bryan Garrett PLLC. Our Oklahoma City car accident lawyers will work with you to determine if you qualify for a case, gather evidence to support your claim, and represent your case in court.
Call us today at 405-591-3508 to schedule your consultation and learn more about our services.