Oklahoma Slip-and-Fall Attorney
Accidents happen, but if you’ve ever sustained an injury at a grocery store, office, or other property, you may be eligible for a slip-and-fall lawsuit. In Oklahoma, property owners have a responsibility to keep their properties reasonably safe from potential hazards like wet floors, unfenced pools, or poorly lit stairwells, hallways, and passages.
However, Oklahoma residents often fall victim to improper maintenance, negligence, or lack of security all too often. As a result, they can sustain injuries ranging from concussions to broken bones to brain injuries or even death in extreme cases.
In many cases, the effects of a slip-and-fall accident last long after you’ve picked yourself up off the ground. You may even experience pain, discomfort, or other life-altering effects for decades, resulting in stacks of medical bills, lost wages, and mental duress.
At Bryan Garrett PLLC, we know that you have more to worry about than your finances following a serious fall. If you or a loved one was injured in a slip-and-fall accident, contact our Oklahoma slip-and-fall attorney today. We’ll work with you to understand the circumstances of your fall, then build a case to support your claim. Call us today at 405-591-3508 to schedule your consultation and learn more about how we can help.
When to Hire an Oklahoma City Slip-and-Fall Attorney
If you sustained an injury or lost a loved one due to a slip-and-fall accident in Oklahoma, you may qualify for a settlement from the property owner. However, you will need an experienced personal injury attorney at your side to provide legal advice and ensure that you receive adequate compensation.
With that in mind, we highly recommend contacting our slip-and-fall accident attorney at Bryan Garrett PLLC. We’ll go over your case to determine if the property owner may be liable for your injuries. Then, we’ll work with you to file a claim, negotiate with insurance companies, or represent your case in court if needed.
Who Qualifies for a Slip-and-Fall Lawsuit in Oklahoma?
To qualify for a slip-and-fall claim in Oklahoma City, you must prove the owner of the property where you sustained your injury:
- Had a responsibility to make their property safe for customers, visitors, guests, or anyone who was invited or had permission to enter the property
- Neglected to perform that duty
- Caused your injury due to their neglect
- Should have reasonably recognized and removed the hazard
Finally, you must provide evidence that your injury resulted in damages, such as:
- Monetary losses, including medical expenses, lost wages, or property damage
- Non-monetary losses, such as loss of consortium, emotional distress, or pain and suffering
Common Causes of Slip-and-Fall Accidents in Oklahoma
The causes of slip-and-fall accidents can vary widely based on where you suffered your injury. Slip-and-fall accidents can occur at virtually any property, ranging from hotels to offices to movie theaters, grocery stores, and more.
That said, some of the most common causes of a slip-and-fall accident in Oklahoma include:
- Slippery, soapy, or wet floors
- Icy sidewalks
- Poorly lit hallways, stairwells, or passages
- Broken or missing handrails
- Broken or missing floorboards, tiles, or pavers
- Loose tiles
- Cluttered hallways, floors, or passages
Regardless of how you sustained your injury, our team at Bryan Garrett PLLC may be able to help you receive the compensation you need from the property owner’s insurance company. Schedule your consultation today to learn more.
Common Slip-and-Fall Injuries
Slip-and-fall accidents can cause a wide range of injuries, including:
- Cuts and scrapes
- Broken or fractured bones
- Spinal injuries
- Neck injuries
- Herniated disks
- Knee injuries
- Brain injuries
- Head trauma
- Wrongful death
As you can likely guess, some of these injuries can have long-term, life-altering effects. With that in mind, it’s critical to contact experienced slip-and-fall accident attorneys in Oklahoma City, like those on our staff at Bryan Garrett PLLC, to discuss the circumstances of your fall and determine if you have a compensation claim.
What to Do After a Slip-and-Fall Accident
The first steps you take following a slip-and-fall accident can have a significant impact on your case. Our team at Bryan Garrett PLLC recommends the following after an accident.
- Call 911. After sustaining an injury in a slip-and-fall accident, call 911. Doing so will ensure that you receive prompt treatment and have an official record of the event.
- File an incident report. In many cases, commercial establishments will request an incident report. If so, fill it out as carefully as possible without omitting or embellishing information. In addition, take photos or videos if possible.
- Gather witness statements. If anyone witnessed your fall, collect their statements and contact information for further evidence.
- Seek medical care. Most importantly, make an appointment to see your doctor. Sometimes, the most dangerous injuries don’t reveal themselves for several days or weeks. Your doctor will examine you for injuries and complete a detailed report on your condition, which you can use to support your case in the future.
- Contact Bryan Garrett PLLC. At Bryan Garrett PLLC, our team of Oklahoma City personal injury attorneys has the experience, knowledge, and insight needed to represent your case in court, negotiate on your behalf, and help you secure the settlement you need to restore your life.
Don’t live with the pain and financial distress that follows a slip-and-fall accident. Instead, contact our team at Bryan Garrett PLLC for a consultation. We’ll work to understand your circumstances and determine if you may be eligible for a case. Get in touch with us today at 405-591-3508 to book your consultation.